Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I AM ME

Who are you? I ask the mirror every morning
Today he smiled and said " I am the shadow of what you can be"
Surprised, I looked closely as I put the wax on my blow dried hair
"how much do you know me" I asked "why do you even care?"
"Everyday I look at you, looking at me with your squint eyes" he said
Making that pout, checking the profiles, nurturing the non existing jawline.
I have seen you through your narcissism, your so called confidence
I know how vulnerable you are, how you live a life of pretense"
"Rubbish", I said " You cant ever know those things about me
I have dug those skeletons deep inside my soul long back
That me was a scared and innocent soul, with just a good heart
I am a different me now, I've not let those come in my planned track"
"Oh you fool" he burst out in laughter " aren't you a pretentious prick?
What you are is because of what you were, that is the real trick
You could become much more, but you are stuck in this bubble
Sometimes its best to turn back to reach ahead and avoid trouble
"Turning back?" I asked my self " where would I land?
After all those years, should I let it all go out of my hand?"
I looked into my eyes and asked " what if I fail? what if I fall?"
The mirror said " Then get back up, one day you can have it all
Take baby steps, trust your guts, go as far as you can want
sing with your nose, dance with your hands, there's nothing that you cant
Fall in love, over and over again, that's how you will learn
Dont be good, dont be all nice, wherever needed, be stern"
"How do you know so much?" I squinted again " How can you say?
How can you take all my plans, thoughts & theories, and throw those away
How you can you possibly know what I can be?"
Just trust yourself " The mirror smiled " I am you, you are me"...

No comments:

Post a Comment